Become a Volunteer
IIBA Calgary Chapter fills Volunteer positions through an application process.
Upon applying for a Volunteer position, each candidate will be contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator and a review will be conducted to ensure there is a match between candidate and role.
All Volunteers are expected to act in accordance with the Chapter vision, principles, values and strategies.
All Volunteers must be Members in good standing*, and have signed a current Chapter Confidentiality Agreement before they will be able to serve in any capacity.
Current Open Volunteer Positions
- This role is based under the Communications Portfolio
- Position reports to the Director of Communications
- Maintain the Chapter website in accordance with the communication strategy
- Publish content to the Chapter website in accordance with the communication strategy
- Liaise with IIBA technology team for website support
- Time Commitment: typically 4 to 6 hours per month
It is expected that you would have some experience or knowledge of:
- Graphic design; Visual design; EPS knowledge
- Website design (HTML; Drupal)
- Document management
- CRM experience
- knowledge & experience with IIBA Calgary Chapter preferred; at a minimum, experience with IIBA
- This role is based under the Sponsorship Portfolio
- Position reports to the Vice President
- Create, maintain and update sponsorship package materials
- Manage sponsorship contracts
- Assist the Vice President in engaging and retaining organizations for sponsorship of the Chapter
- Coordinate and regularly review sponsorship benefits
- Maintain relationships with sponsoring organizations
- Time Commitment: typically 10 to 15 hours per month
Other Positions - On Call Event Assistant
We are always looking for extra people to assist with setting up events!
This would be an 'on call' type of position where you would be placed on a list and would be contacted when we have a major event needing assistance with registration, setting up and taking down venues, and other duties as needed.
- Please send an email to email@example.com if you are interested in helping out.
* A member in good standing is a member who has a current paid membership with both IIBA as well as the Calgary Chapter.