IIBA® Calgary Chapter Mentorship Program
As a Business Analyst we encounter a myriad of scenarios, which require us to pull from our breadth of experience and knowledge to resolve the issue.
Given this requirement, it is noted that varying skills and strengths are leveraged during these circumstances
By providing mentorship to those who are new to or struggling with certain principles of Business Analysis, you are positively impacting their ability to perform their duties all the while, increasing their confidence.
The mentorship program is a valuable offering for both the protégé and mentor in the following ways:
- Build / increase knowledge pool
- Networking and greater exposure to BA community
- Allows mentor to sharpen their mentoring skills
- Earn CDUs towards recertification (Category 6: Professional Experience Maximum 25 CDUs per 3 yr)
- Earn Work Experience hours towards certification for all work completed
There are 2 levels of mentoring being offered, depending on your reason for mentorship and time availability.
- for those who can commit to a 3 - 6 month duration
- formal mentoring relationship
- allows the parties greater flexibility to address several items over the course of the commitment
- enables needs assessment resulting in 'best match' with a mentor for you & your unique circumstances
- for individuals looking to have a simple question or query answered
- submit protégé application form
- Mentorship Coordinator will facilitate a meeting to resolve question or query
Note: In order to qualify for this program, you must be an International Business Analysis™ (IIBA®) member in good standing.
The information you submit will be sent to the Calgary Chapter Mentorship Coordinator. Upon submission, we will review, and contact you with the next steps.
Please visit the Protégé Application form Mentorship form
Please visit the Mentor Application Form Mentorship form.